Microneedling in Houston
As technology has advanced, cosmetic procedures have become both more effective and safer. There are currently a wide variety of treatments available for anti-aging, wrinkles, fine lines, eliminating blemishes, improving the quality of the skin, exfoliation, etc. This includes cosmetic surgery, skin creams, minimally invasive and non-invasive treatments. The idea is to restore a more youthful and healthier complexion. Microneedling has become one of the most popular treatments available. The procedure is safe, does not have any downtime and is extremely effective. This treatment is commonly referred to as collagen induction therapy. Hundreds of microchannels are made using a specific tool on the skin’s surface layer.
This type of treatment has been classified as minimally invasive. The procedure is performed in the doctor’s office. As long as the overall health of the individual is good, the treatment is completely safe. The main objective of the procedure is to decrease the facial signs of aging including fine creation of microscopic openings in the skin stimulates the natural healing process in addition to the production of elastin, collagen and capillaries. This results in the appearance of plumper and smoother skin. To ensure the person is comfortable during the session, a numbing agent is applied to the skin.
Almost any adult makes an excellent candidate for this treatment. There are a lot of treatments available not recommended for any individual with a certain type of skin. Since microneedling does not cause any damage to the epidermis, it is effective and safe for every skin type and color. The dermaroller is a device resembling a small ball or a tube. The device has a handle and tiny steel, surgical needles. The skinpen is completely different. This tool was created using advanced technology, making it possible to treat almost any part of the body. Sanitation is ensured because the cartridges containing the needles are disposable. The procedure can be customized for the specific needs of each individual because the length of the needle can be easily adjusted.
A session lasts no more than an hour; this depends on the size of the area being treated and the condition of the skin. In many instances, more than one session is recommended. These are generally scheduled every four to six weeks for optimal results. It is important to understand the results will vary from person to person because of the uniqueness of the skin and the results desired. The microneedling device effectively triggers the natural healing process of the body to encourage the production of collagen, brighten the complexion and helps scars heal.
The treatment was originally used for rejuvenation of the skin. The procedure is currently being used to increase the production of collagen and treat a large assortment of common skin issues difficult to improve. This includes hair loss, stretch marks, scars, fine lines, and wrinkles. The skin treatment is minimally invasive and uses a special device with many fine needles. One of the major benefits of this treatment is the increased collagen production. This process is referred to as neocollagenesis.
Collagen is the protein providing the skin with elasticity and strength. Collagen also replaces any dead skin cells. The production of collagen decreases as the body ages. This is what causes the signs of aging such as sagging skin and wrinkles. Microneedling in Houston makes controlled injuries in the skin to trigger the healing process of the body. This results in the production of new elastin and collagen. Elastin is also a protein, and is responsible for a lot of elasticity in the skin. The treatment provides a healthy and natural glow by increasing the production of endothelial and epithelial cells and fibroblasts as well.
The Benefits of Microneedling
There are a wide range of benefits possible with this type of treatment. This includes:
- A study was conducted in 2008 regarding this procedure. The participants received between one and four treatments in addition to using topical cosmetic creams containing vitamins A and C for a period of four weeks. The results showed the production of elastin and collagen considerably increased for all of these individuals for six weeks after completing the last treatment.
- The procedure increases the production of collagen. This is essential to the appearance of the skin. As collagen decreases due to the aging process, fine lines and wrinkles appear and the skin begins to sag. The increase in collagen provides a more youthful appearance.
- One of the most difficult issues to treat are stretch marks. The number of procedures effectively decreasing their appearance is small. This procedure can improve the look of stretch marks. This is especially true if used in conjunction with other treatments such as lasers.
- This procedure is powerful and effective in stopping the earliest signs of aging and preventing the occurrence of new fine lines and wrinkles. When the treatment is used with corrective antioxidant serums, the result is a youthful glow and brighter, younger looking skin.
- Numerous individuals have turned to this procedure for an improvement in acne scarring. A study was conducted in 2009 with 37 participants with atrophic scarring on the face. This type of scar sinks into the skin. The scarring results when the tissue is not regenerated by the skin. This kind of scar can be caused by both chicken pox and acne. The scars of the participants were evaluated prior to treatment. During the beginning and end of the two-month study, the scars were clinically graded and evaluated. The results showed of the 37 participants, 36 completed the study. A reduction in the severity of the scars was seen by 34 remaining participants. Their scarring was reduced by one to two grades. In excess of eighty percent of the participants rated the procedure as excellent. Not one of these participants had any negative effects from the treatment.
- It is important to note that although this treatment is effective for acne scarring, it is not recommended for any individual with active acne. There are natural treatments available for this skin condition.
- If you have ever seen before-and-after pictures for this procedure, you have most likely been impressed. The difference in the radiance of the skin is dramatic. Once the skin loses collagen and elastin, the result is fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin and thinner skin. Microneedling in Houston stimulates natural collagen and elastin production. This decreases fine wrinkles and lines, provides more youthful looking skin and no downtime is necessary.
- Many individuals use expensive oils and creams to hydrate their skin every day. This is to add softness to extremely dry skin. This procedure offers the same benefit without the daily application and expense. Numerous individuals have been so pleased with the appearance of their skin they either decreased the amount of cosmetic they used or eliminated them completely.
- The European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences published a study regarding the deeper absorption of topical skin care products. The study also looked at the effects of the devices used for this procedure including needle lengths of 1500, 500 and 150 micrometers. The impact of the treatment on the surface of the skin was closely observed including the loss of transepidermal water, and the absorption of topical compounds know to attract water. These compounds are frequently used for a wide range of skincare products. The dermaroller was used for this treatment. The study showed the water loss in the skin decreased. The most common belief was this resulted from a reduction in the size of the pores.
- It is important to note the treatment enhanced the ability of the skin to absorb and benefit from numerous topical products. The procedure may also reduce water loss in the skin cells and decrease the size of the pores.
- There were 100 participants in a study conducted in 2013. The participants were separated into two groups. The first group received a treatment twice per day with a traditional lotion for hair loss. The second group was treated using the microneedling procedure on the scalp. A fifty percent hair growth improvement was reported by 82 percent of this group after a period of three months. The group receiving the lotion only experienced an improvement of 4.5 percent.
General Facts Regarding Microneedling
This treatment is a good method for sometimes eliminating or decreasing the crater and pitted scarring so often resulting from acne breakouts over a long period of time. Not only can this procedure help reduce the scarring caused by acne, it can also help stop more breakouts in the future. When the body sustains an injury, the natural healing process is triggered. This is called fibrosis. This is when fibrous connective tissues are formed. This means fibrosis forms to initiate skin repair and heal injuries. The issue is, this type of tissue has a thick and rigid texture. This causes undesirable scarring. This treatment breaks apart the natural adhesive holding the uneven or bumpy tissues tightly together. The result is a decrease in the signs of visible scarring and smoother skin.
The procedure is performed by a medical professional in a matter of minutes. A numbing cream is applied to the skin to make certain the individual does not feel any pain during the procedure. In many cases, the individual begins to see an improvement in their skin in just 48 to 72 hours after completing the treatment. After the treatment, the individual simply resumes their regular schedule because there is no downtime. The majority of medical professionals recommend receiving a small series of treatments to help ensure optimal results. The procedure is generally scheduled about every four to six weeks. Once these sessions have been completed, most people have a maintenance treatment in six month to a year. This is because the results are good and maintaining them becomes important.
As time passes, the skin continues to improve due to the increased production of collagen and elastin. This means the procedure builds up the skin as opposed to tearing it down. There are a few important steps that should be taken before having this treatment. The skin should be well hydrated through the use of non-comedogenic products. All abrasive and harsh products should be avoided such as exfoliators and toners with an alcohol base. The use of these products can be resumed once the skin has fully healed. It is important to avoid direct sunlight and visiting the sauna or gym after the treatment. This can cause the individual to sweat and trigger inflammation. This treatment is not recommended for individuals with:
- Active acne
- Any chronic skin diseases including psoriasis and eczema
- Any blood disorders or diseases
- An patient having radiotherapy or chemotherapy treatments
- Any type of local infection including warts, cold sores and herpes labialis
- Excessive raised scar or keloidal tendencies
- An individual taking a blood thinning or anticoagulant medication
Get in Touch with Us for More Information
If you are interested in having the microneedling procedure, please feel free to reach out and make an appointment with Blair Med Spa. At our convenient location in Houston, TX, our caring and dedicated team of professionals will be pleased to explain this option in greater detail and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!