Microdermabrasion has become so popular, you are probably already somewhat familiar with this treatment. The procedure is effective, offers a wide variety of benefits and is also referred to as microderm. The treatment is safe for your skin, does not require a great deal of time, and provides anti-aging benefits. Microdermabrasion in Houston is non-invasive and does not use any chemicals. The exfoliating procedure is most often performed using a handheld device. The device removes the outer layer of skin to increase the turnover of your cells. The end result is healthier skin with a more youthful appearance. Superfine crystals are used by the device to remove your dead skin cells. These cells are vacuumed immediately through the application of a gentle suction.
The skin care professional rubs the device lightly across your skin. The device is run across any areas with issues numerous times. The pressure used depends on the skin care professional and your skin type. The procedure is amazing for your skin due to the pressure applied by the crystals. Many individuals choose to receive a series of treatments to further increase the impact of their results. The best possible candidates are experiencing certain skin issues including:
- Rough texture
- Fine lines
- Enlarged pores
- Age spots
- Acne scarring
In addition, the procedure also removes dull and dead skin. This decreases the appearance of your pores, reveals fresh, brighter skin, improves the overall texture of your skin, and decreases surface wrinkles and lines. It is important to mention there are systems designed to be used at home. These options do not provide the same results as a treatment from a skin care professional in Houston using the best products available. In some cases, this type of treatment is not safe for your skin. The professional treatment is not only safe for your skin, it is an exceptional exfoliation method. Numerous skin issues have been successfully treated with this procedure.
The microdermabrasion device has a dual purpose. These are the application of the crystals and the suctioning necessary for the removal of the dead skin layer. In some instances, a wand with either a crystal or a diamond tip are preferred by the skin care professional. The procedure rejuvenates the tone of your skin and improves the aesthetic appeal. The treatment is effective for numerous skin issues such as fine wrinkles or lines and damage from the sun. If your skin is in fairly good condition, you may only need one treatment. Multiple sessions may be necessary depending on the condition of your skin. The majority of treatments require 60 minutes or less.
The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
In addition to the cosmetic benefits, this treatment provides medical benefits as well. The circulation of the blood in the vessels closest to the surface is improved. The treatment may also improve the lymphatic and blood circulation within your skin’s deeper layers. Once your circulation has improved, more nutrients and oxygen are supplied to your blood cells. One of the newest methods is called hydradermabrasion. This process maximizes the blood flowing to your skin by combining a skin infusion using specific products with your treatment. This technique also stimulates your production of collagen, enhances the elasticity of your skin, increases your circulation and provides your skin with a healthy and radiant glow.
One of the most common skin issues is acne. Microdermabrasion in Houston is often used to increase the speed of acne healing and improve the accumulation of the resulting scars. This treatment has been so effective for both severe and mild cases of acne, the procedure is now frequently used by dermatologists. The process is so effective for acne because it decreases the severity of the condition by removing the impurities and dead skin responsible for clogging the pores. This unclogs the pores often causing the blemishes and inflammation. As time passes, these issues can cause raised or superficial acne scarring. The treatment often improves the look of acne scars by boosting the circulation. This encourages the cells to turn over faster and helps expedite the natural healing process.
The appearance of your skin will also show improvement due to the extra collagen. It is important to note if you have extensive damage to your skin caused by acne, you may require laser resurfacing or surgical dermabrasion. Another common skin issue are the darker areas of skin resulting from too much melanin. There are a lot of different reasons this issue occurs such as the aging process or too much exposure to the sun. Hyperpigmentation is decreased by this procedure because the dark patches are lightened. Your increased collagen production will also help lighten the patches of darker skin to help even out your skin tone. Hyperpigmentation is the most visible when scars have developed around the edges.
The longer your pores remained clogged, the larger they will become because they are being held open by debris. This generally consists of oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells. Clogged pores often cause pockmark scarring. The procedure will decrease inflammation, improve your circulation and clear out the blockages. The end result is smaller pores and healthier skin. The microdermabrasion procedure in Houston removes the dead skin cells on the top layer to reveal brighter and healthier skin. The treatment promotes the growth of new skin, rejuvenates the skin cells and benefits oily or dull skin.
This treatment is recommended as a preventative measure for any individual suffering from acne. There are two different kinds of microdermabrasion. The original procedure uses crystals, and the diamond tip uses the newer technology. The original procedure was created during the 1980s. A device is used to spray the crystal onto your skin. The aluminum oxide crystals are then gently vacuumed from your skin using the same device. The treatment using the new diamond tip has become extremely popular because the process provides the same results without any crystal residue remaining on the skin once the procedure has concluded.
The Facts about Microdermabrasion
- Microdermabrasion was originally developed in 1985 in Italy.
- There are currently in excess of 100 machines on the market but the exfoliating and vacuuming procedures remain the same no matter which model is being used.
- This is an excellent treatment for any individual with clogged pores. The procedure not only unclogs the pores, it also helps minimize them.
- This treatment is not recommended for specific skin conditions. This includes eczema, an active sunburn, lupus, psoriasis, widespread acne, rosacea, dermatitis, herpes, open sores and fragile capillaries. If you have any of these conditions and want to have this treatment, you should consult with a medical professional first.
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 910,168 treatments were performed in the United States in 2009. Approximately 176,540 of these procedures were performed for men. The popularity of this treatment extends throughout the world.
- Once the dead skin has been removed during the treatment, skin care products can penetrate the skin approximately 50 percent more efficiently. Cosmetics are easier to apply due to the smoother surface of the skin.
- It is important to receive this treatment from a qualified, skilled, and experienced skin care professional. The results of your treatment are dependent on the provider.
- Microdermabrasion has been shown to reduce shallow acne scars, fine wrinkles and lines. It is important to note the results depend on how each individual reacts to the procedure.
- It is important to avoid the sun whenever possible for a couple days after your treatment because your skin is more sensitive. A good sunscreen is recommended.
- Numerous individuals have chosen this procedure as opposed to a laser treatment or a chemical peel because it is safer and less expensive.
- The procedure helps decrease the appearance of superficial sun damage age spots and hyperpigmentation.
- The treatment will stimulate your blood flow. This means your skin cells receive additional nutrients. This improves the texture and elasticity of your skin and your cell production.
- You should use a rich moisturizer after your procedure because the treatment will remove some of the moisture from your skin.
- If you are only having your face treated, you need to allow about 30 minutes for the entire process. If you are also have parts of your body such as your neck, feet or hands treated, the procedure will require additional time.
- The best candidates for this treatment are between the ages of 35 and 50 in the earlier stages of the aging process.
- In most cases, between six and ten treatments are necessary for optimal results. Your sessions should be scheduled about every two weeks.
If you are interested in experiencing the benefits of a microdermabrasion treatment in Houston, you can visit Blair Med Spa in Spring, TX to learn more. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!